I have a theory that the reason drinking lots of water aids weight loss is due to the amount of trips made to the bathroom and therefore calories burned. Apparently this is nonsense but it sure feels that way today!
Yes folks I’ve been told to drink more water by pocket rocket trainer Lauren and when Lauren says jump I ask “how high?” To be more precise I’ve been told to double my intake to 2 litres per day.
Apparently the benefits are numerous, so listed below are a selection found during indepth internet research (aka a 5 minute google search):-
- There are no calories in water!
- Dehydration can easily be mistaken by the brain for hunger. Therefore drinking water can sometimes help resist the urge to snack.
- Your bones, muscles and organs all need water to perform at the optimum level.
- A dehydrated body can hold onto water (retention) causing weight gain.
- Drinking water aids the metabolism, the metabolism burns calories … hoorah!
- It makes your skin look good.
And so on and so forth!
Happy Sunday everyone!