Today was a great day, not only for me but for my lovely Mum as well.
Mum has been on her own weight loss journey and has been attending Weight Watchers. A few weeks in and 11lbs lost she rocked up at my house today sporting a pair of Jaeger trousers that she hasn’t been able to wear for a long long time. I could tell she was chuffed to bits and she’s looking great. Keep it up Mum x
Equally chuffed was me, remember my orphans from last week? I’m pleased to report one of them has been rescued from the wardrobe! I went out today in a pair of Topshop trousers that I haven’t been able to wear since March and even then they were shall we say a little on the snug side. Today they fitted great, yes! This is why it’s great to be on this journey.
No exercise today, other than lifting my credit card in and out of my purse! I did however keep up with the healthy eating and the bathroom visit inducing water intake!
I need to be very organised for Christmas this year as from the end of November I’ll be on crutches and getting around isn’t going to be so easy. The good news is that I got a little further ahead with my Xmas planning ……
Today I thought I would also jump in and say hello to the blogging community so I am taking part in my first Friend Making Monday (FMM) as hosted by the insanely inspirational Kenlie of alltheweigh.Com.
It goes like this:-
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Quick and Random
1. Choose three songs that would be on the soundtrack of your life. ”Unfinished Sympathy” by Massive Attack, “Sally Cinnamon” by Stone Roses and “Mother of the Future” by Norman Connors.
2. Share the details of one project that you’re currently working on. As part of my October goals and in preparation for not being able to work for a few months I thought I’d relearn to crochet. Look at Pinterest to see how trendy it’s become! I’ve nailed the basics but had a battle trying to start a Granny Square today despite reading instructions in a book and looking at a Youtube instruction video, ho hum … tomorrow is another day!
3. If you could learn to do one thing overnight what would it be? Learn to speak Russian or Kazakh … I worked in Kazakhstan for a few years and always felt a bit ignorant when it came to the language.
4. If you could be a fictional character which one would you be? A Bond girl, preferably one that doesn’t die and gets to spend ‘some quality time’ with Daniel Craig’s Bond. Yes I’m shallow and Michael if you’re reading this sorry but in this dream world you get ‘quality time’ with Penelope Cruz!
5. What’s your favorite thing about the month of October? Cold, sunny days and having a reason to put the fire on.
6. Share one TV show that you’re embarrassed to admit you watch. I keep watching Geordie Shore, it’s dreadful television (for any one from the US, it’s our version of Jersey Shore based in the North East of England)
7. Name one friend that you’re thankful to have in your life today. That’s unfair! I’ll say Pauline as I’ve known her since we started Senior School together aged 11. We have lots of history!
8. What was the most relaxing part of your weekend? Sunday evening, on my own, chilling and recharging.
9. Do you like to dance? Yes, but my foot doesn’t appreciate it at present.
10. Share one thing that you’re looking forward to before the end of the year. I am looking forward to having surgery (how perverse!) and being on the mend. It’s going to be painful and frustrating but the sooner it’s done the sooner I can pick up my training and try new things. I also love Christmas so if I can squeeze one more in, it would be that!