It’s not even been a week since my surgery but I’m already getting impatient. This does not bode well considering I have another 7 weeks and 2 days on crutches!
Here are a few things that we all take for granted that I’ve been wishing I could do today:-
1) Have a bubble bath or even a shower – I can’t get my bandage wet and I’m not allowed to take it off yet.
2) Go upstairs – I can’t get up the stairs yet and even if I did go up on my backside I couldn’t get down safely.
3) Stay awake for more than 4 hours at a time – The painkillers I’m taking are very strong and even though I’ve halved the dose they still send me to the land of nod. A good example is today, I woke up at 10.30am and was asleep again between 2pm-7pm!
4) Wash my hair – There’s no way I can do this on my own so Michael is tackling this for me tomorrow, hooray!
5) Take the bandage of my foot and have a peek at the damage – Just being nosy really but I’m not allowed. I have a redressing on Thursday and will get to have a look then.
6) Get to and from the bathroom without help. I can get to the bathroom on my own now but getting back is a little tougher as there are two steps up to negotiate. I tried one the other day and it didn’t go so well so for the time being I need to apply a little patience.
7) Exercise – Goes without saying really, this is going to drive me insane!
But apparently every cloud has a silver lining so tomorrow I’ll try and ponder what’s good about my current situation…it might be a very short post 🙂