Well friends 2013 is knocking on the door, it’s out with the old and in with the new. Personally I’m really excited about moving into the New Year. My foot is slowly mending and I just can’t wait to get out there and start doing EVERYTHING!
It will be no surprise that this weeks FMM is all about 2013.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Share one thing that you plan to do for yourself in 2013 – Fight my way back to fitness, pure and simple. It’s going to take time. I won’t be fully weight bearing on my foot for another 5 or so weeks, I can’t return to the gym until March, I can’t do any high impact activities until May (running, Spin etc..) but I’ll get there …. just watch me!
2. Share a good habit that you will continue doing into the new year – I will continue to avoid fizzy drinks (soda). In addition I will keep blogging and hold myself accountable for what I say I’m going to do.
3. Do you make new year’s make resolutions? If so, do you typically stick to them? I don’t do the whole New Years resolution thing, preferring instead to continually set myself goals and challenges. New Years resolutions are too fleeting and easy to break. I’m in this for the long haul.
4. Do you have any health goals for the new year? See Q1.
5. Share one thing that you plan to do in January – Write up and post my goals. I’ll probably break them down into categories e.g. fitness / home / relationships etc …. I also plan to cook some new healthy foods and old favourites to get me back on the wagon after the excess of the Christmas period.
6. Do you have any travel plans for the coming year? If so, where are you most excited to go? Me and Michael are planning our first long haul holiday together. On the short list so far is Koh Samui in Thailand and Kerala in India. There is so much choice that we just seem to be stuck surfing the web cooing over infinity pools. Hopefully by the end of January we will book something!
7. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Well I’m waiting for Michael to come down to mine from London. We had planned to have a lovely meal together and a bottle of champagne whilst watching the London fireworks over the Thames from the comfort of the sofa. However he is running late due to work and I am ravenous … it may be a takeaway.
8. What are your
resolutions for 2013? Goals … I’m working on them and will post in the next few days.
9. What are you looking forward to most over the next 12 months? Getting fit, going on holiday, Springtime arriving, time with friends and family, some exciting new work contracts. The list is endless, I’m just optimistic and excited about 2013 in general.
10. Share something unique that you hope to do in 2013 – It’s a long shot at present but possibly participating in my first Triathlon in Stratford Upon Avon (Shakespeare’s birthplace) in late September. It may provide the focus I need but the foot will dictate it it’s possible.
OK, so that was FMM. All that remains for me to say is Happy New Year!
Enjoy what remains of 2012 and welcome all the opportunities the next 12 months present you with.