I’m fresh from a visit to the Dental Hygienist and Dentist today … mustn’t smile as my ‘pearly whites’ are so clean they might blind you, the only thing is I can’t stop running my tongue over my teeth now! Anyway, a clean bill of health from the Dentist was the result, hooray, thanks Mum and Dad for insisting me and my Brother looked after our teeth. I’ll even forgive you for the braces I wore in High School 🙂
So, its Monday and that means its Friend Makin’ Monday over at All the Weigh … lets get to it!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Questions and Answers
1. Did you watch the Oscars? No, the time difference meant it started in the UK at 01.30am, urghh. I have caught up with who won what though. I’m really pleased ARGO won the best picture category, I thought it was fantastic, edge of your seat stuff. Pleased for the Brits as well … thanks for flying the flag Adele and Daniel Day-Lewis.
2. Do you drink meal replacement shakes, smoothies, etc? If so, what’s your favorite kind? I don’t drink meal replacement drinks as I like eating meals too much. I do however like the occasional homemade smoothie and since the New Year have made fresh juices everyday.
3. Share one thing you have done to help someone in the last week? I gave some new colleagues based in Houston some useful information about working in Kazakhstan as they will be visiting April / May time. Helpful information (should you ever need it it!) included take decent walking boots for visits to the ‘field’ (oil field) and industrial amounts of mosquito cream for the Summer months!
4. What is the tastiest thing you ate last week? Oven cooked wild salmon & a pea and bean salad with mint dressing. Oooh and my Sister in Law made me Slimming World chips and a burger on Saturday … that was lovely.
5. Think of one fun thing that you could do this week without spending any money to do it. Wrap up warm and get out for an hour in the garden to give it a ‘Spring is on the way’ tidy.
6. Share one place that you’ve been to and would like to visit again. Brooklyn, NY to visit my friend Emma. I’m hoping to get back over later this year.
7. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? I opened a Twitter account but haven’t had the time or the inclination to do anything with it. I like facebook for keeping in touch with friends who are geographically spread. I don’t think I can manage blogging, facebook, pinterest and all the other social media avenues at once … I’d never leave the house.
8. What is your favourite vegetable? Urm, probably a Red Pepper … adds colour and pizazz to lots of dishes.
9. Share a goal that you have for the month of March. After 4 months of not working due to foot surgery I’m going back to work in Kazakhstan on a new contract in March. I have a few goals related to this but they aren’t very ‘smart’ at the moment. I generally want to ensure I’m organised before I leave the UK and that I make a positive impact on my first visit.
10. Share a quote that inspires you. I mentioned it before on FMM but a Japanese Proverb always sticks with me “Fall down 7 times, stand up 8” … it sums up that feeling that whatever gets thrown at you, dust yourself down and just keep going!