Happy Monday one and all!
I’ve just returned from a week long business trip to Western Kazakhstan and I’m catching up on emails and blog posts.
I haven’t participated in FMM’s for quite some time, so let’s change that now …
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Are you familiar with GMO’s? Only what I read about in the press or catch on television. In cases such as these I always worry about getting a true picture with actual facts. The food lobby have money, power and influence which is never a good thing for the consumer in pursuit of the truth.
2. List a few items that are typically on your grocery list – Fruits for juicing, yoghurt, skimmed milk, fish, vegetables .. just normal staple foods.
3. What is your favorite place to shop for produce? Oh how I wish I had a Whole Foods nearby. Alas in the UK they are as rare as Hens Teeth! I like to shop at Waitrose or Marks and Spencer but I am so busy these days that generally it’s which ever store I happen to be passing at the time. In Atyrau my local supermarket is called Ramstore. Visiting this Supermarket is a hit and miss affair. You never know what they will have, so the moral is buy it if you see it.
4. Do you eat processed foods? Yes, in moderation. I don’t buy ready meals, not owning a microwave helps with this. I do buy ready made sauces etc .. as quite frankly I haven’t always got the time or the will to make everything from scratch.
5. Do you look for the “organic” label when you shop? I wish I could say yes but occasionally would be more accurate. When I was single it was easier to spend lots of money on organic food. It was a shock to the system and the bank balance when I started shopping for two.
6. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? A small bowl of Special K cereal with red berries and a Jasmine Green Tea.
7. How many meals per week do you cook at home? I don’t have masses of control over this with a job that takes me overseas every month and away from home a few nights a week when I am in the UK. However I do like to cook, so do so when I’m here!
8. Do you think that foods that have been genetically engineered should be labeled? Yes, I want the choice of knowing what I’m putting in my body.
9. What matters most to you when you’re choosing a restaurant? The menu, word of mouth recommendation, atmosphere, decor, yummy food!
10. What is your favorite meal to cook at home? I like giving new recipes a go. I’ve just picked up the latest issue of the BBC’s Eat Well magazine so expect a few new ones on the blog! I’ve enjoyed making a lemon crusted cod dish lately with swede and carrot mash and roasted cherry tomatoes.