It’s my first day back at work today following the holidays, albeit working in my pyjamas from home! I feel well rested and I’m ready to focus on my goals for the first part of 2014. I’m looking to reintroduce good habits and routine into my life. I know for some people routine = boring! But for for me it means sanity and success! So let’s commence with a good blogging habit, the first FMM of 2014.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays
1. What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far? Wow, just one? Urm, having arrived with Michael, in the dark, after a long journey and waking up to be greeted with the view below from our beach bungalow in the Maldives. We sat on the sea wall in our night clothes with huge cheesy grins on our faces.
2. Share the last compliment you received. I went to a Circuit Training class with my very fit Brother yesterday. He messaged me afterwards to say he thought I’d worked very hard and did really well. Means a lot coming from Mr Triathlon!
3. What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? Bending, picking things up, getting out of bed, sitting. See above, ouch!
4. What is your favorite TV show currently on air? Orange is the New Black on Netflix.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go? Again, just the one? Urm, I’d love to spend sometime in Jamaica with Michael and visit where he was born and some of his family that I haven’t yet met.
6. Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system. I suffered significant hearing loss in 2008 (I now wear 2 hearing aids) and spent a long time trying to find a new way of being me.
7. What made you decide to live where you currently live? As a child we would often drive through the village where I now live on the way to visit my Nan. I would always comment about how I loved the houses. Fast forward and my Sister in Law’s Aunt moved into a care home. I jumped at the chance to buy her cottage in the same village. Despite it being a mammoth renovation job I have created a beautiful happy home here. Although this year change is on the horizon.
8. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? What a nice thing it must be to have faith. I don’t.
9. If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose? David Attenborough, fascinating man, wonderful voice.
10. List three things that you’re thankful for today. No meetings on the first day back at work, a rest day from the gym, the Scottish Kippers I had for breakfast (yum).